Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Review: Rock of Ages


Seeing Tom Cruise as Stacee Jaxx alone is worth the price of admission. He doesn't have a whole lot of dialogue in this movie, but that doesn't really matter because he just has so much presense! I mean it is Tom Freaking Cruise standing there with some leather chaps and fake tattoos making out with random girls. Seeing this movie makes you think that if he didn't go into acting, Tom Cruise would have made one hell of a rock god. My favorite parts of the movie were when he was singing Wanted (Dead or Alive) and Pour Some Sugar on Me.
Putting aside how much I loved Tom Cruise in this, I thought that this was a pretty fun movie. If you're looking for a movie with a good story, this isn't one to see, but it does have great music, and is a cheesy good time. As for the plot, it is basically about a girl who moves to Los Angeles with big dreams who meets a guy who has done the same. Alec Baldwin plays the owner of the club that they both work at and Catherine Zeta-Jones plays a woman who wants the club to be shut down because of a grudge against Stacee Jaxx. As soon as Russell Brand's characters says that she looks familiar it was pretty obvious to me that she had a history at the club. But the story is pretty unimportant in my opinion. The only reason to go see this movie is for the music and to watch Tom Cruise be awesome. My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment