Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Review: Moonrise Kingdom


This was one of the most adorable movies I have ever seen in my entire life. It was just so cute and sweet and funny, and it just put me in an excellently good mood. You can always tell when a movie is a Wes Anderson movie because they always have their own feel about them. This was also the case for Moonrise Kingdom. This movie takes place on an island in 1965. It is about two 12 year olds who fall in love and run away together. Since they live on an island, it really doesn't take too long to find them. This movie has a really great cast. It has Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Frances McDarmand (?), Tilda Swinton, and I really loved Edward Norton as the Scout Leader. All of the scenes that took place at the camp were really funny. I also loved the two actors who played the main boy and girl, Sam and Susie. There is this really great sequence in the movie where they have a montage of all of the letters that they wrote to eachother. You get to see how odd the two of them are, especially the girl. Susie doesn't really say much in this movie but I think that she was my favorite character. There just wasn't a single moment in this movie that didn't make me smile. My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment