Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Review: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

That title alone was enough to make me want to see this movie. Abraham Lincoln is probably the most famous and beloved of all of our presidents, so it is very interesting to see him wielding an ax to kill a bunch of CGI vampires. In this movie, Abraham Lincoln starts killing vampires to get revenge for the death of his mother, who was killed by a vampire when he was a little boy. He gets trained by a man played by Dominic Cooper. I guess right away that he was a vampire, so it really wasn't a surprise for me. While this movie wasn't perfect, it did have its fun moments. I think it is really neat how the vampires can go invisible and I think it is cool how they integrated the vampires into the Civil War. One thing that did bug me about this movie was all of the slow motion effects. Some slow motion during a fight scene can be really cool, like in 300, but if you have to much it become a little ridiculous. Also, I'm not a big fan of CGI in horror movies. You can always tell when something is CGI, so it becomes less scary. I did like Benjamin Walker as Lincoln. Its kind of a bummer that Liam Neeson didn't end up getting cast as Lincoln in the serious Lincoln film that is coming out because that would have been perfect since Walker played the younger version of Neeson in the movie Kinsey. I think that the make-up job they did on Walker to turn him into the older Lincoln was really good, but I don't understand why they didn't do the same to Anthony Mackie. He didn't look any older at all, with the exception of a little grey in his hair. We saw Lincoln age about 30 years, but didn't see his friend age at all. Anyways, this movie could have been a lot better in my opinion, but it was still a fun movie to see. My rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment