Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Review: Dark Shadows

I love Tim Burton movies and I love Johnny Depp. Even more than that I love Tim Burton movies that star Johnny Depp. So, I knew that I was going to like this movie before I even saw it. It also helped that this movie has the most amazing cast. Along with Depp, we have Michelle Pfeiffer, Helena Bonham Carter, Eva Green, Chloe Grace Moretz, Jackie Earle Hailey, and the angel-faced Bella Heathcote. All actors that I really like. Now that I have seen it, I was correct in assuming that I would like this movie. I thought that it was a bit slow at parts, but for the most part this movie was really fun, and was filled with amazing parts. I thought that the ghost effects were especially cool. Everytime we saw Bella Heathcote as the ghost of Josette, it was just amazing! I would watch a movie just about that character. My favorite thing about this movie, though, had to be Eva Green's performance as the witch Angelique. She stole every scene she was in and was just amazing. She is just so great at being wicked.
Everything in this movie is pretty over the top. From the make-up to the costumes to the actor's performances, it was all pretty campy, but for this movie I thought it worked and I thought that it was really cool, especially towards the end. I was kind of disappointed with Helena Bonham Carter's character, however. It kind of seemed that they just stuck her in there because she seemed pretty unimportant to the overall story. My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment