Monday, April 30, 2012

My Review: The Raven


 Even though it has nothing to do with this movie, I just want to start out this review by saying how annoying it is that I am 22 years of age and I am still getting carded for R rated movies! Apparently I look really young, but god damn! I have been able to see R rated movies without a parent for the past 5 years!
Anyways, I thought that this movie was okay. I think that it has an interesting concept, which is that a murderer is committing murders based on the works of Edgar Allen Poe. So, this sexy detective gets Poe to help him try to catch the murderer. Things get worse when Poe's sweetheart gets kidnapped and the killer starts to leave clues for how they can find her. This movie does have some good moments, but I personally didn't think that it was as suspenseful as it could have been. They go through the different stories really quickly and don't go indepth in them. The whole point of this movie was that they were based on his stories, but basically all they did was point out which story it was and that was it. And as for the Pit and the Pendulum, the only aspect of the story that was there was the fact that they used a pendulum, and that went to fast. The whole point of the pendulum, I thought was the anticipation of death because it keeps swinging back and forth and here the guy just died right away. Also, I could be wrong because I've never read the story and have only seen the movie, but I thought that the guy who was under the pendulum got away and didn't die. I was also pretty disappointed when we found out who the killer was. Instead of being like OMG I was just like "oh..." I do think that John Cusack made a good Edgar Allen Poe, however, so that was a plus. My rating 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment