Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Review: Cabin in the Woods

Today is my 22nd birthday and this year I decided to make my birthday movie The Cabin in the Woods. Last year my birthday movie was Your Highness, and I was totally disappointed. That was SOOOO not the case this year. This movie was fucking fantastic! It starts off with the cliched horror movie opening and dialogue of a group of friends who go off to a (guess what!) cabin in the woods. We then find out that the whole area they go to is controlled by some guys in some building somewhere. (That is a horrible description but its the best I can do). It is just really funny because they all make bets about what evil entity they will end up summoning, and it turns out to be a family of zombies. After that they all start getting picked off one by one. I was thinking that it was going to be a really short movie, but then towards the end it completely flips it around and my mind was BLOWN!
This movie starts out as a cliched horror film with a bit of an edge and turns into a horror fan's wet dream! I don't want to give away too much, but lets just say that if you love horror movies you will not be disappointed. I was literally in awe watching the second half of this movie! Also, I'm pretty good at recognizing people's voices, and I recognized Sigourney Weaver's instantly. My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment