Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Most Anticipated Movies for 2012 (Part 2)

For my last list I did January through March, and now I'm going to do April through June. I was checking out my part one and even though I had over a dozen films listed, I only saw  6 of them. Well...to be fair, two of them have release dates that were pushed back, and two come out in two days. So, here is my list of movies that I plan on seeing in April, May, and June.

April

This is going to be my birthday movie! It comes out tomorrow, but I'm going to wait until Wednesday to see it. Last year my birthday movie was Your Highness, so here's hoping that this will be better than that! I have read/ heard nothing but good things about this movie, though, so it should be good.


I think that this movie looks pretty interesting, and as a major plus it is directed by Mary Harron, who directed two other films that I love, American Psycho and The Notorious Bettie Page.



This isn't the type of film that I usually like, but it features Jason Segel and Emily Blunt, and that is enough for me to want to see it.




I have never actually read anything by Edgar Allen Poe, with exception of The Raven, but who hasn't read that? I have, however, seen films based on his work that star Vincent Price (my favorite being The Pit and the Pendulum). I know that that is not a good substitute, but that made me curious about his works. Seeing the super cool trailer for this movie makes me want to read his stuff even more.


May

Yes yes yes yes!!! This movie is going to be so cool!!! Even if the script is terrible, just the fact that we are seeing a movie with Iron Man, The Hulk, Thor, and Captain America together would be enough to satisfy anyone. I mean I super excited to see Hawkeye's little cameo in Thor, I can't imagine how I'm going to be when I watch THIS movie.


I have never seen the show Dark Shadows, so I didn't really know what to expect from this movie. I just saw that Tim Burton was the director and then saw the cast and I was like "I'm there!" I thought it was going to be a darker movie, but to my surprise when watching the trailer, it is a comedy. I really love every single person cast in this movie and can not wait for this to come out!



Men in Black was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, so this is another one that I am really excited for. Plus, I'm curious to see Josh Brolin as a younger Tommy Lee Jones. That is pretty perfect casting if you ask me...


This movie looks super cute. From the moment the kid said "What kind of bird are YOU" I was hooked. Plus, Wes Anderson hasn't disappointed me yet...



June

Although I still think it is hilarious that we are supposed to believe that Kristen Steward is "fairer" than Charlize Theron, I am really excited to see Theron as the queen. Plus this movie just looks really cool!


Of all the films coming out in 2012, this is number one of the films I want to see! It just looks amazing. It is directed by Ridley Scott,  is somehow connected to the Alien universe, and has the coolest cast ever! It has Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba, AND Guy Pearce! Perfection!



How can you see that title and not want to see this movie? I'm just bummed that Liam Neeson isn't going to play Abe Lincoln in the more serious biopic about him. That would have been perfect because the guy who played the younger version of him in Kinsey plays Lincoln in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment